Thursday, June 7, 2012

My First Step onto the Kriya Path...

    I have been for sometime now wanting to start a more disciplined sadhana practice and I finally have narrowed down to one particular path I would like to dedicate myself to wholeheartedly. I do try to meditate regularly and read voraciously the words of the Ascended Masters...most particularly Paramahansa Yogananda. I thought that I might pursue the Kriya Yoga course study through the Self-Realization Fellowship, but recently happened upon the Kriya Yoga teachings of Swami Satyananda Saraswati and decided to order his book A Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya. 




     Having looked through the book at a glance I am quite impressed with the format and structure and will find it a very invaluable tool in my path. It will not be enough to just read the words of Satyananda, but I know that to truly benefit from this practice I will need to apply its teachings consistently to my daily life. I am very excited about this undertaking and feel in my heart that it is what I need to find a greater inner peace and bliss and will help me to gain a greater understanding of my own inner connection to the Universe and to the Divine. I ask the blessings of Shiva to abide with me on my life's journey to God-Realization. I will be sharing my thoughts and feelings in regard to my practice here through the upcoming months and possibly years, as I hear this is a lengthy spiritual process and cannot be rushed. So as I am now on the Path of Kriya I will go in search of the infamous neti lota:) Have a most blessed day and Om Shanti!


Aum Namah Shivaya,
Nirvani

No comments:

Post a Comment