Saturday, November 24, 2012

I AM a Poet!

   

      When I was a girl of about 12 years old I had a passionate love of  poetry. I read as much as I could get my hands on. I had a little red folder where I kept my own precious prose. I daydreamed of becoming a great poet one day. Those dreams have long since left me, and sadly I misplaced that little red folder some time back. One thing I have never lost though is my love of poetry. Next to music, poetry moves me in ways that words cannot describe.
      Recently, and after great trepidation, I finally picked up my pen and tried my hand at prose once again. As Robert Frost put it, "A poem begins with a lump in the throat." How true that is! To my surprise, I began to write and found the words flowing quite easily onto the paper. Yes my words may be a bit purplely, but they express what is in my heart. I have always felt that my outer veneer never quite reflected my inner world. Poetry has a way of conveying what my soul longs to say.
      On my new blog A Thousand Petal Lotus I generally share the poetic works of others that I enjoy, but recently I have posted some of my own work. Though in no way a masterpiece, I believe I have revived my greatest passion from days gone by. I  AM a poet:) I hope that you will take the time to ingest my prose. Walt Whitman put it perfectly, "To have great poets there must be great audiences too."


Om Shanti,
Nirvani


No comments:

Post a Comment