Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My reading list.....

   I have taken on a new challenge on my spiritual quest into the heart of Hinduism...I plan to read as many of  the great works that I can get my hands on...I am now engaged in the Epic Story of The Ramayana...

   
     It was originally composed by the Sanskrit poet Valmiki around 300 B.C. It is an epic love story about Prince Rama and his wife Sita.. Prince Rama endures great hardships through betrayal, exile, and the abduction and rescue of his wife from evil's clutches...I look forward to reading this great legend, for I am sure there is much to be learned within these pages that can parallel my own life in many ways.
    I also intend to read The Upanishads, The Bhagavad Gita, The Dhammapada, and Mahabharata. This will take me a good deal of time but I intend to read and study each book...It is important to me to understand and respect this beautiful and complex religion of Hinduism, with all of its many layers.

OM Shanti,
Jennifer Renee  

No comments:

Post a Comment