Sunday, May 22, 2011

Soul Sunday



Here I sit between my brother the mountain
And my sister the sea.

We three are one in
loneliness, and the love that binds us together
is deep and strong and strange.
Nay, it is deeper than
my sister's depth and stronger
than my brother's strength, and stranger
than the strangeness of my madness.

Aeons upon aeons have passed since
the first grey dawn made us
visible to one another; and though we have
seen the birth and the fullness and the death
of many worlds, we are still
eager and young.

We are young and eager and yet
we are mateless and unvisited, and though
we lie in unbroken half embrace,
we are comforted.
And what comfort is there for controlled desire
and unspent passion?
Whence shall come the flaming
god to warm my sister's bed?
And what she-torrent shall
quench my brother's fire? And who is
the woman that shall command my heart?

In the stillness of the night my sister
murmurs in her sleep the fire-god's
unknown name, and my brother calls afar
upon the cool and distant goddess.
But upon whom I call in my sleep
I know not.

Here I sit between my brother
the mountain and my sister the sea. We three
are one in loneliness, and the love
that binds us together is deep and strong
and strange. 

~Kahlil Gabran~

Namaste,
Jennifer Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment