Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Sacred Space....

~With my impoverished heart I surrender myself to your compassion
That you may watch over me, bless me and forgive me.~

FROM THE KANAKADHARA STOTRAM


~Invoke for me, O Agni,
Lakshmi who shines like gold,
Is brilliant like the sun,
Who is wonderfully fragrant,
Who wields the rod of suzerainty,
Who is the form of supreme rulership,
Who is radiant with ornaments,
And is the goddess of wealth.~

Sri Sukram
RIG VEDA


   This is where I kneel each morning to give Japa (Mantra Devotions) to my beloved Goddess Lakshimi...Here I also meditate and reflect upon the many blessings that have been granted to me and I continue to receive daily. Lakshmi truly is the Goddess of Auspiciousness. She is like a mother, sister, and dear friend to me.... Om Shri Lakshmi Namah!


  
     As you can see I have created a special little corner of sacred space for myself in my bedroom. I just love to come here and reflect upon the things that are most important to me in life...The beautiful rug that graces my floor is a gorgeous Indian Kashmir that my husband gave me as a gift from the Middle East... You can also see a glimpse of my little spirit library of books. I love to read and learn all that I can about my beautiful faith. I hope that you like my alter...it is still a bit of a work in progress, but is very sacred and special to me and I am very happy to share it with you:-)

Namaste,
Jennifer Renee

7 comments:

  1. Your altar is lovely.
    Manny blessings to you and yours,
    crow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your altar. My neighbor is from India and sits at her altar every evening. I have always wanted to ask her about her worship but I don't know how she would feel about that. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and serene space! Thank you for sharing it with us. The Goddess Lakshmi is a wonderful soul. I do a "goddess chant" in her name: om shrim klim lakshmiyei swaha

    Blessings.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Birdie, thats the thing about Hindus, they never feel offended when you ask them about their practices or traditions. There is nothing RIGHT or WRONG per a Hindu, for after all the Hindu openly admits that all religions are the same and lead to God.
    @Jennifer, your blog is awesome. You are a true Hindu in that you have adopted Hinduism without aping Indian culture completely. The candles are a novelty and look very good. May Goddess Lakshmi's blessings be with you always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much IndicRace...I so appreciate your comments...My greatest desire is to embrace Hinduism in it's purest form. I have a great and profound respect for Hindu culture...I tell my husband I must have been of that culture in a past life...I feel such a deep abiding connection with it:-)
    Thank you to you other ladies for your ever so kind comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Beautiful, beautiful - the altar, your dedication and you as a person.

    May you be blessed with love and peace all your life and be an inspiration to others too, like you are to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much dear Curious one...sorry I am just seeing this...you have touched with your words...Om Shanti!

    ReplyDelete