Saturday, July 2, 2011

Going Organic or Going Nuts!

     
      New Year's Resolution 2011: Go completely organic by year's end...Ambitious you might say...I say bring it!...Okay, so my 'bring it' has fizzled a bit since January 1, 2011...Due to a recent move to beautiful Hawaii and astronomical prices, I have yet to even come close to realizing this dream. 



~The tragic mistake of so many in the environmentalist movement is the belief that the rest of the world can afford to hold itself to our expensive green standards.....~
Jonathan Berry

      
   I saw this quote on a friend's facebook wall and thought, wow I'm getting a lot more than I bargained for on my quest to become 'Green'...it is actually going to take much time, research, and I might possibly have to sell a kidney (okay pun intended)


      Well, although I did have a moment of serious disillusionment, I have decided to resume my mission of becoming 'totally organic' by year's end. I think I will most likely forgo the idea of buying all pre-made products and dabble a bit in 'homemade', especially after forking over $160.00 for my little eco-friendly bag full of goodies yesterday at the all-organic vegetarian grocery store.




     So now I am on a new mission to see how much of the 'all mighty dollar' I can keep in my little consumer hands! Yes I am so selfish and greedy...I just love keeping those little greenbacks all to myself;)  It will most likely entail some serious research and little elbow grease, but I am a 'perpetual optimist' and believe it can be done! So here goes...Let the research begin!

Namaste,
Jennifer Renee

1 comment:

  1. I think there is some good books out there that give you home remedies (for cleaning products) and household items. But the books take paper and therefor trees, or you could get a reader to save paper, but those don't grow naturally either. LOL!

    I know how you feel. It is not expensive here to live, but we don't have many shopping options other than Walmart (the king of taking out Mom and Pop biz) or the dollar store.

    Luckily, my husband is a botanist and concocts all sorts of potions for around here.

    Anyway, I will be listening to any great finds you come across.

    At least you are thinking in the right direction. Check out the Zero Waste Home blog. It is amazing how they have wiped out outgoing waste.

    Aloha!
    ~crow

    ReplyDelete