Thursday, February 23, 2012

 
This universe comes forth from Brahman, exists
 in Brahman, and will return to Brahman. Verily, all is
Brahman.

      A person is what his deep desire is. It is our deepest
 desire in this life that shapes the life to come. So let us
direct our deepest desires to realize the Self.

     The Self, who can be realized by the pure in heart,
who is life, light, truth, space, who gives rise to all
works, all desires, all odors, all tastes, who is beyond
words, who is joy abiding...this is the Self dwelling
in the heart.

     Smaller than a grain of rice, smaller than a grain of
barley, smaller than a mustard seed, smaller than
a grain of millet, smaller even than the kernel of a
grain of millet is the Self. This is the Self dwelling in
my heart, greater than the earth, greater than the sky,
greater than all the worlds.

     This Self who gives rise to all works, all desires, all
odors, all tastes, who pervades the universe, who is
beyond words, who is joy abiding, who is ever present
in my heart, is Brahman indeed. To him I shall attain
when my ego dies.

Chandogya Upanishad




Om Shanti,
Nirvani

1 comment:

  1. A powerful post Nirvani, but this is the line that will stay with me "A person is what his deep desire is". That is very meaningful, and I must admit, I fear its truth, but I don't doubt that it is true.

    ReplyDelete