Saturday, June 9, 2012

My New Meditation Room...

   I recently highjacked a big walk-in closet in our upstairs hallway that was being used to store holiday decorations and such, and turned it into my new meditation room. I had a corner of my bedroom used for this purpose but felt like I still lacked the privacy that I desired. I will eventually turn my son's bedroom into my sacred space when he leaves home next year, but in the meantime this will do just fine...it is quite cozy and inviting and I can shut myself off when I wish to meditate and perform my devotions. There are many more things I would like to add to it so it is a work in progress. The closet is quite large as you cannot see the other end of it where I am keeping my crystals and tarot cards and such. It is my own personal little sacred space where I can escape the outside world and go within:)



      While visiting my girlfriend Bellia in Indiana in early May we went to lunch at a nice little Indian restaurant. We were the only customers there at the time. The food was superb! When we walked into the restaurant I noticed these gorgeous paintings of scenes of Indian people done in brilliant colors on black velvet and was raving about them to my friend. After paying our bill I happened to mention to the host that I really loved the paintings and would love to know where I could purchase them. He called his manager out and they proceeded to speak together in Hindi...The next thing I know the manager has another young man take down the two paintings that were my favorite and gives them to me...I about burst into tears! It was such a beautiful and giving gesture I was overwhelmed. I now have them hung on the wall in my meditation room, but plan to have them beautifully custom framed. This man's gift touched me deeply. Upon leaving the restaurant I secretly asked for Shiva's blessings to be upon this sweet man and his family and business:)


The pictures cannot due justice to the amazingly vivid colors of these beautiful paintings and they are quite large as well. I chose the bottom painting because I thought it was so lovely the way the couple are weaving a bed together. I plan to hang this over my own bed and with the loving way in which it came into my possession I feel it will bring good luck and blessings into my own marriage.



Aum Namah Shivaya,
Nirvani

2 comments:

  1. Awesome !!

    Reading about your new meditation room/altar was just the beginning ... absolutely loved the 2nd part of your post about the paintings !

    They look so beautiful indeed !

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meditation room looks very divine and serene. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete