Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You are the Beloved....


(Flora: Divine Patroness of Gardens)

“You are the Beloved.


…though the experience of being the Beloved
has never been completely absent from my life,
I never claimed it as my core truth.


I kept running around it in large or small circles,
always looking for someone or something
able to convince me of my Belovedness.
It was as if I kept refusing to hear the voice
that speaks from the depths of my being…

That voice has always been there,
but it seems that I was much more eager
to listen to other louder voices…
Meanwhile, the soft gentle voice
that speaks in the silence and solitude
of my heart
remained unheard…"


Henri Nouwen
Life of the Beloved


    This very powerful quote from Henri Nouwen, the famed Catholic theologian writer speaks volumes...I remember some years back, as a devout Mormon, having similar thoughts...his words certainly warrant some reflection.

Jai Maa,
Nirvani

1 comment:

  1. That’s a very beautiful quote by Henri Nouwen. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete