Thursday, September 19, 2013

Letting Go...

   


Today, I am really struggling to keep myself together. My youngest son Benjamin, who has always been my baby boy is leaving home next Thursday for good. He will be heading to Navy Basic Training where he will follow in his father's footsteps. On one side, I am so very proud of him and excited for all the new changes that are taking place for him, but on the other side I am truly struggling with letting him go. I know that I have no choice in the matter and even if I did would I stand in the way of my own child's progress just to ease my own suffering? Resoundingly no! Every mother must face these bittersweet moments and I am no different.
   
  Deep in my heart, I know this is just as much a growing experience for me as it is for him. Change is the guiding factor in this thing called life. It is the catalyst for all spiritual growth. If everything stayed the same there would be no challenge and thus we would all become stagnant. I must now cut the apron strings, and allow my son to spread his wings and fly...yes he may hit some turbulence along the way, but the moments of struggle will be what molds and shapes him into the man he is meant to become.
   
 As his mother I will send him out into the world with a Mother's blessing and my tears upon his cheek...for it is through those tears that he will always find his way back home and will never doubt that he is loved. May the Goddess bless his every step along the way and may she bless me to endure the pain of letting go.


Om shanti shanti shanti,
Nirvani

No comments:

Post a Comment